Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Relapse

I was doing so well, you know? I hadn't thought about her (at length) in at least like 2 days, I wasn't compulsively checking her blog anymore, I was talking with other girls. But here I am, 2:30 in the morning, 4.5 hours until my alarm goes off, awake. It's like a damned zombie movie. I'm relaxing in my house, satisfied with the defenses I've built up. Then out of nowhere, for no reason and with no warning, she's kicking through the 2x4's I nailed to the door-frame. I know it will all be over in the morning, and I just have to get through the night. The nostalgia, like an undead mob, will be shot through the brain or rounded up and burned in piles, and I'll go back to regular life only slightly shaken. Roll credits. The only thing I have to worry about now is when the sequel hits. Fortunately, just like the "Of The Dead" series, the sequels are getting further and further apart.


Thank God she isn't on AIM right now.

No comments: